Hospice Maui is a non-profit organization serving Maui for over 35 years. We are honored to have earned this community’s trust as the respected hospice leader on Maui.
We provide regular part-time and full-time staff with a comprehensive benefits package including medical, vision, dental and complimentary medicine insurance (chiro, massage, acupuncture), vacation, holiday, sick pay, and a 401(k) plan after one year of employment.
Hospice Maui is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please see below for any current position openings and to apply, send your resume, cover letter, references and any salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or mail to:
Hospice Maui, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources Department
400 Mahalani Street
Wailuku, HI 96793
Background check and pre-employment drug testing are required.
Medical Billing Assistant (30-40 hrs/wk)
The Medical Billing Assistant is responsible for assisting with billing, account receivable tracking and follow up, deposit posting, monthly and quarterly reporting and internal audit.
• Two years experience in a medical billing environment, preferably with working knowledge of Nursing Facility (NF) and hospice billing.
• Understanding of Medicare, Medicaid, and private insurance billing and reimbursement processes for the state of Hawaii.
• Comfortable navigating a variety of software programs and insurance websites.
• Knowledge of coding systems, specialized medical terminology, billing requirements, and electronic billing software very helpful.
• Strong organization, analytical, and communication skills.
• Attention to detail and ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced work environment.
• Ability to work well with a team.
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
• Minimize the organization's accounts receivable (A/R) balances for Medicaid and private insurers by identifying collection issues and contacting insurers.
• Follow up on accounts and collect payment in full.
• Post charges, payments, notes and other related information.
• Work and communicate with peers, patients, and payers regarding A/R.
• Verify coding (CPT, HCPCS, ICD-10) to accurately reflect documented services.
• Submit electronic and paper claims to Medicaid and private insurance payers.
• Process rejected claims through the appeal process.
• Verify patient eligibility and coverage, and identify authorization requirements.
• Proactively addresses billing challenges.
• Process and submit private pay billing for Hale patients.
• Update and reconcile A/R spreadsheet with electronic medical record system.
• Prepare A/R tracking report by facility, and submit monthly to CFO.