CURRENT OPENINGS (please see below)
- Director of Clinical Services
- Hospice Social Worker
Hospice Maui is a non-profit organization serving Maui for over 35 years. We are honored to have earned this community’s trust as the respected hospice leader on Maui.
We provide full-time staff with a comprehensive benefits package including medical, vision, dental and complimentary medicine insurance (chiro, massage, acupuncture), vacation, holiday, sick pay, and a 401(k) plan after one year of employment.
Hospice Maui is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send your resume, cover letter, reference and any salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or mail to:
Hospice Maui, Inc., Attn: Human Resources Department
400 Mahalani Street
Wailuku, HI 96793
Background check and pre-employment drug testing are required.
Director of Clinical Services
Hospice Maui is seeking a Clinical Director for our growing team of hospice and palliative care specialists.
In this leadership role, you will ensure quality patient care, direct, coordinate and control all aspects of the clinical functions, perform regulatory compliance, and manage staff. We are looking for someone who can build trust, is committed to the team, and holds themselves and others accountable. If patient care is your passion–we want to hear from you!
We hold sacred the work that we do: caring for the dying and their families with compassion and honesty. This is our core value. We seek a person who shares and embodies that perspective.
Our hospice program serves the uniquely culturally diverse and spiritually rich community of Maui. The right candidate for this position will hold the highest respect for the diversity of our community and of our workplace.
Minimum Qualifications for Director of Clinical Services
- BSN, Registered Nurse with a current and unencumbered license for the state of Hawaii
- Proven effective managerial or supervisory experience to direct, train and develop a staff of clinicians to provide top level care to our patients
- Understanding of business growth, financial management, personnel development
- Strong clinical skills for mentoring, training and use in the field to ensure education of staff skills
- Leadership qualities that include the ability to listen, inspire and motivate others, set expectations, empower others, lead a team to great results
Essential Functions for Director of Clinical Services
- Employ qualified personnel and ensure adequate staff education and evaluations; in collaboration with the CEO and Manager of Human Resources, determine the hiring, orientations, retention, evaluations, discipline, counseling or termination of the hospice’s team associates
- Work closely with the Medical Director to ensure quality patient care and staff competency
- Work closely with the CEO, the Medical Director, the Spiritual Care staff, and others to deepen staff skills in the cultivation of compassion through self-awareness.
- Adhere to budget requirements regarding labor, pharmacy, DME, and medical supply costs
- Review all higher level of care patients including respite, general inpatient and continuous care
- Serve as liaison to and conduit between the Administrator, Case Managers, clinical staff on his/her respective team, patients, their families, and the community
- This is a salary, exempt position.
Required Experience: Management 2 years of experience
Job Type: Full Time
Hospice Social Worker
Hospice Maui is looking for a licensed MSW with a minimum of one (1) year experience in a healthcare setting to join our interdisciplinary team as a Hospice Social Worker and provide direct services to patients and caregivers in their homes and our 5-bed residential facility for 20 - 24 hours per week.
This is a part-time position with flexible hours and includes rotation of on-call, weekends and holidays.
The successful applicant will be able to effectively assess psychosocial needs, provide individual, family and group counseling, conduct crisis intervention, discharge planning, and community referrals. We are looking for an individual who possesses strong assessment and counseling skills, along with cultural sensitivity and a deep commitment to patient advocacy at the end of life. Preference is given to individuals with hospice or home healthcare experience. LSW is required, LCSW preferred.